The skin care struggle in August is real. For all of four minutes every morning, skin is clear, cool to the touch, and pores almost undetectable. Then we begin the process of slathering layering various moisturizers, serums, and sunscreen, and suddenly, we’re a sticky, hot, shiny mess. Is it the humidity? Spontaneous menopause? Or, do we need to simply slow down and consider the time of year and how we’re applying products based on current skin conditions?
MyChelle cleansers, facial serums, and moisturizers are highly concentrated blends of active plant stem cells and natural botanical extracts, allowing them to work deeper and more effectively for the best results. Serums can—and should—be strategically layered for multiple benefits, but during the late summer season, less product is required and enough time between layering needs to happen to avoid a tacky finish. Whether your skin is oily, dry, or overly sensitive right now, to get the most bang from your beauty bottles, remember these 5 tips:
- Start with clean, fresh skin morning and night before applying serums or moisturizers.
- Apply serums with fingertips a couple drops at a time in order of weight and consistency, beginning with the thinnest serum and working your way to the thickest.
- Layer up to three serums, but wait a full 60 seconds in between for optimal absorption.
- Seal in serums with a moisturizer and eye cream based on your skin type.
- Protect skin from UVA/UVB rays year round with a generous application of a mineral-based, non-nano sunscreen. Reapply throughout the day.
Killer Craft Skin Care Cocktails
This time of year, nothing is guaranteed to get our chill back faster than a refreshing (sometimes sparkling) cocktail. A well balanced, hydrating, and soothing skin care protocol makes us giddy, too. Peruse the menu below, and feel free to sample more than one, just not all at once!
2-Parts Healthy Balance Blend: In the morning, apply one-part Perfect C Serum to fight free radical damage and protect skin’s health. Later in the evening, apply a second-part Remarkable Retinal Serum to increase cell turnover, minimize wrinkles, and soften skin’s texture.
Jumbo Anti-Aging Elixer: Pair the G2 Instant Firming Serum and Peptide+ Anti-Wrinkle Serum. Begin with one pump of G2 Instant Firming Serum to lift and firm and follow with a potent dollop of Peptide+ Anti-Wrinkle Serum to boost collagen formation and reduce visible signs of aging.
Sensitive Skin Smoothie: To cure redness and irritation here’s an ideal two-ingredient drink for skin. Apply Advanced Argan Oil to nourish stressed-out skin and finish with Ultra Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum to restore moisture.
Double Clear Shot
Fast & Firm Mixer