Before the sun sets on summer, grab your sunscreen, a big blanket, and a few good friends for an alfresco meal in the great outdoors. And since no picnic is complete without a final bite of dessert, the Cranberry-Orange Brownies from Women’s Bean Project are a foolproof finale. Delicious at any temperature, brownies are portable and easy to serve wherever your dining adventure takes you.
We also think these brownies are extra special because just like all products from the Women’s Bean Project, their purchase helps a woman “earn her future”. If you aren’t already familiar, Women’s Bean Project is a social enterprise that employs chronically impoverished and unemployed women and helps them learn the job readiness, interpersonal, and life skills to create a new future—for themselves, their families, our community, and our economy.
Using a package of Cindy’s Sinfully Chocolate Brownie Mix, add a little orange, Craisins and walnuts to create a scrumptious and delicious treat.
- 1 package Cindy’s Sinfully Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 4 oz. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Craisins®
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- 4 teaspoons orange liquor
- Orange zest from one orange
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by grinding the walnuts in a food processor until they are very fine.
- Grease an 8” x 8” x 2” pan with nonstick spray.
- Firmly press the walnuts into the bottom of the pan to create a crust.
- For the brownies, start by melting the butter; place it in a medium mixing bowl, add the mix and two eggs.
- Zest one orange into the bowl with the brownies, and add the orange liquor.
- Using a spatula, mix everything together by hand, and pour the mixture into the pan with the walnut crust.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven until the brownies start to pull away from the sides or a toothpick comes out clean—approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, melt 4 oz. of white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the brownies.
Cool until the chocolate hardens. Cut and enjoy!
MyChelle is proud to support community organizations, which inspire girls and women to realize their true potential with access to education and wellness services. Follow us next week as we officially announce a collaborative promotion with Women’s Bean Project on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and MyChelle.com.