Maybe you”re in the process of packing for a long weekend or end-of-summer getaway–or maybe you”re planning ahead, and already deciding where to head over the holidays! Either way, summertime tends to make us think about travel–the kids are out of school, the long days have us spending more time outdoors, and the warm temperatures lull us into daydreams about lazy afternoons on the beach…
No matter where we”re headed this summer–a relaxing week on a tropical isle, a backpacking trek through the mountains, an exciting weekend in the big city or maybe just a low-key, local stay-cation–there”s one common chore we all have to look forward to: The packing.
To help get everyone started, here are some of our travel must-haves for Summer 2012–recommended, girlfriend to girlfriend:
1. It can be difficult to dress for travel–whether it be by car, train, boat or plane. You want to look chic and stylish, but also feel comfortable and prepared for any scenario… Enter the maxi dress, this season”s solution to the fashion-or-function dilemma. A maxi dress can stand alone or be dressed up with fun accessories, and it works well in unpredictable weather–if you get cold, simply throw on a chunky sweater or (one of our favorite tricks) duck into the nearest bathroom stall and slide some leggings on underneath. We especially like this jersey maxi dress by Felicity & Coco (available at www.nordstrom.com) for its on-trend stripes and versatile color palate.
2. Healthy portable snacks are definitely a must when traveling! These granola bars by Kashi are delicious (we like the Honey Almond Flax, but they come in multiple オンライン カジノ flavors) and way healthier than anything you”ll find in a vending machine. They”re also easy to throw into your purse or carry-on. www.kashi.com
3. This travel tip actually comes from one of our Hello Beautiful readers, SaraKate. She recommends keeping a stainless steel water bottle (like this 27oz lightweight BPA-free version from Klean Kanteen®) on hand so that you can always hydrate on-the-go. This one comes in a variety of fun colors (we love the Active Pink!) www.kleankanteen.com
4. This Brookstone BioSense™ Neck Travel Pillow helps to relieve pressure and provide comfort during those long drives and flights. The U-shaped memory foam design supports your head and encourages proper alignment between your head, neck and spine–so you can arrive at your destination feeling rested, refreshed, and ready for the next adventure! www.brookstone.com
5. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you just can”t seem to get enough sleep while traveling. But you can keep your sleepy state of mind to yourself with MyChelle”s Magnolia Fresh Eyes for all skin types. The special blend of peptides and plant extracts helps rid your eyes of those sneaky tell-tale signs of jet-lag (you know the ones–dark circles and puffiness) so that you”ll look rested and ready, even if you”re not quite feeling it yet. www.mychelle.com
6. Last but definitely not least, you”ll want a cute but sturdy carry-on bag in which to keep all of your best travel accessories! The current capsule collection by Anna Sui for Tumi fits the bill. This compact wheeled carry-on is easy to maneuver and made of high-quality materials–and the artistic black and lavender butterfly motif couldn”t be prettier. www.tumi.com
Now, we”d love to hear back from all of you! Please share with us (in the “comments” section below) your favorite travel accessories, necessities and tips… We may even feature your suggestions in future “Girlfriend Recommended” posts!