When the mercury and humidity plummet, that means it’s time to provide all the love your skin needs to avoid dehydration, flaking, and redness. Here are our quick and effective solutions that smother your skin with affection!
1. Dry Patches. In dehydrated skin, the cells start to lift, causing skin to flake and peel. The answer- add Argan Oil to your regimen in the cold winter months. Why? Your skin’s protective barrier is comprised of fatty acids that dry, cold weather strips away. This lightweight oil easily penetrates skin replenishing lost moisture and protecting against damage. Follow with a super hydrating cream to hold in the moisture and plump the skin.
2. Itchiness. Sometimes stinging and discomfort can be a sign of sensitivity to harsh ingredients and irritants. When it comes to skincare, less is always more. Cleansing with an Aloe and Sea Buckthorn based cleanser to sooth sensitive skin, using a simple Hyaluronic Gel to hold in moisture and soften skin and a gentle, ultra light, but hydrating cream is all that’s needed.
3. Breakouts. Blemishes can pop up for a number of reasons, including stress, lack of sleep, or overexposure to occlusive products this time of year. Wash with a mild cleanser that targets blemishes, but doesn’t dry out skin. Then spot-treat blemishes to reduce redness and speed up healing with a product like Clear Skin Spot Treatment. Look for products with salicylic acid – it’s and anti-inflammatory and much less irritating than benzoyl best online casino peroxide. And don’t forget Retinal in the PM- it chemically exfoliates, kills bacteria and cleans pores.
4. Dullness. Anything that stimulates collagen production and evens out skin tone is going to help radiance. The number one dermatologist recommended, hero ingredient is Retinal to help cellular turnover and illuminate skin. In addition, use a natural AHA exfoliator or peel twice a week to help slough off dead skin cells and help thicken the collagen layer. Using a Peptide-based serum will also help stimulate your cells to produce more collagen.
5. Hyperpigmentation. The message on sun is clear: it damages skin. Even in winter, the aging UVA rays wreck havoc on our skin cells, making broad-spectrum everyday production (UVA and burning UVB rays) a MUST. To help correct the damage, treat your skin to a revitalizing dose of Vitamin C. This daily skincare staple not only improves the appearance of dark spots and discoloration, it evens out skin tone, and brightens the complexion.